Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Year Representative Voting

CONGRATULATIONS to our two First Year Representative Nominees! Please see their campaign statements below:

Susanna Foxworthy: Hi, I would love to be your first year rep for START! As the first year representative, I would take an active role in shadowing the co-presidents of START for next year. I would also look for and promote volunteer activities and other creative ways for us to get involved in the community. Since we're all involved in other organizations and, of course, classes, I'd concentrate on finding a balance of volunteer opportunities that are one time commitments (i.e. cookie decorating at a nursing home during the holidays, maybe!) and also others that require greater time commitments. This year, I have participated in a couple of events I learned about from START including the service project during orientation week and tutoring once a week at the Pinnacle School, and I am excited for the future events like caroling and forming a Homeward Bound team. Thank you for your vote!

Hey fellow START members! My name is Lindsay Walker and I would love the opportunity to be your first year representative. I am a MPA student concentrating in nonprofit management and just like all of you; I have a strong belief in serving my community and helping those around me in any way that I can. I have volunteered and worked for numerous charitable organizations including the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Phoenix Rescue Mission, where I helped organize and implement seasonal food drives and the Fiesta Bowl’s Hole-In-One Golf Tournament which raises money for families of firefighters and police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty. I also spent some time working in the communications department of the Make-A-Wish Foundation where I helped convey the organization’s mission statement and objectives. If chosen as START’s first year representative, I will commit to bringing new ideas to the table, sharing all of your thoughts and feedback with the association and carrying on my passion for serving the community in which we all live. Thanks everybody!

Please send your vote to speastart@gmail.com by NOON this Friday (October 16th). We will announce the new first year rep once all votes are tallied.

No comments: